Bayside, on Farm Road 136 twenty-five miles north of Corpus Christi in southeastern Refugio County.
The town was founded near the site of the former community of Black Point in 1908.
A Bayside post office was established in 1909, but residents had to travel
by dirt road to Woodsboro, eighteen miles away, or by boat or stage to Rockport, twelve miles across the bay,
for shipping and banking transactions. Bayside acquired electricity in 1926. In 1919 a hurricane destroyed
the locacal wharves, outbuildings, nearby bridges, and at least three homes. Another hurricane in August 1942
resulted in even greater devastation.